About

agnieszkabolek@vp.pl
www.facebook.com/agnieszka.bolek

Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

IDA MARIA - NORWAY (Nesna)



Ida Maria Sivertsen has a powerful voice that conjures so many classic-rock associations it's a wonder she doesn't get lost amid all the references. 1  
Even if I didn't 'find a cure for my life' as Ida nervously repeats in one of her most popular single "Oh My God" I definitely found a very nice music therapy served by this cute 'Norwegian badass'. She brings a lot of postive punk rock energy, moreover she likes to smuggle messages in her songs, even though they may seem to be frivolous at first - "I used the simplest kind of melody to get my message across, so that people would sing the words out loud, and then maybe discover the message later." 2   
Ida Maria has also teamed up with the rock legend, Iggy Pop, on a special reedition of mentioned hit "Oh My God" - this must convince you to check her out, if you haven't yet.  





CONTENTS:

  1. STAGE NAME
  2. BIRTH NAME
  3. YEARS ACTIVE
  4. GENRE
  5. HOMETOWN
  6. RECORD LABEL
  7. BACKGROUND
  8. DISCOGRAPHY
  9. MEDIA REFERENCE 
  10. OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEOS
  11. LIVE PERFORMANCES
  12. VIDEO INTERVIEWS (In English) 




Ida Maria 


Ida Maria Børli Sivertsen 


2008 - present 


Punk rock 


Nesna


Nesna Records/Sony BMG/Upper 11 Group


Ida Maria was born and raised in the small town of Nesna in Norway.
After learning to play the guitar at 14, she left her small hometown, moving to the other side of Norway to Bergen, an eclectic community with burgeoning local musical scenes in jazz, metal, electronica and bluegrass, known for bands like Royskopp and Kings of Convenience, where she proceeded to soak up those influences like a sponge.
Ida Maria gained considerable success in Norway in 2007 after winning two national competitions for unknown artists - Zoom urørt 2006 and Urørtkonkurransen 2007 - and playing successful shows at the annual Norwegian music industry festival By:Larm 2007 and 2008. Her singles "Oh My God" and "Stella" were both played regularly on Norwegian national radio station NRK P3.
Ida Maria later expanded her popularity outside of her native country, namely in the United Kingdom, where she appeared on Later... with Jools Holland, was interviewed by The Times, and performed at the Glastonbury Festival.
Ida Maria is reported to have the neurological phenomenon of synesthesia which, in her case, means she envisions colours when she hears music.
sources: [1] [2]



Albums:

 'Fortress Round My Heart' (2008)

  1. Oh My God 
  2. Drive Away My Heart 
  3. Louie 
  4. I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked 
  5. Keep Me Warm 
  6. Forgive Me 
  7. Stella 
  8. In the Morning Light 
  9. Queen of the World
    See Me Through










'Katla' (2010) [produced by Butch Walker]


 1.Quite Nice People
 2.Bad Karma
 3.10000 Lovers
 4.Cherry Red
 5.Let's Leave
 6.I Eat Boys Like You For Breakfast
 7.Devil
 8.My Shoes
 9.Bonus Track











Singles: 
  • "Oh My God"
  • "Drive Away My Heart"
  • "Stella" 
  • "Queen of the World"
  • "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"
  • "Bad Karma


  • Waterfall records (2009-07-31). Ida Maria song for Nivea TV campaign/Gray's Anatomy. Retrieved from here 
  • "Oh My God" - The song has been used in promos for the ITV show Gossip Girl, and was featured in episode #386 of the radio version of This American Life entitled "Fine Print". It followed a story on health insurance. The song was also featured in several movie trailers, including It's Kind of a Funny Story and The Virginity Hit. "Oh My God" is one of the songs featured in the video game Rock Band 3 [source]
     



"Oh My God"



"Oh My God" (Remix) ft. Iggy Pop



"I Like You So Much Better When You`re Naked"



"Queen Of The World"



"Quite Nice People"



"Stella"





"Louie" (2009) 


 "Drive Away My Heart"
(at Rolling Stone 2010) 


"Keep Me Warm"
(At The Borderline 2008)


 "Bad karma"
  (2010 NRK)   






 Ida Maria Interview With Steve Lamacq: Part 1
  


Ida Maria Interview With Steve Lamacq: Part 2 


Interview with Geoff Lloyd


Ida Maria Profile & Interview 



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment